Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

With Halloween comes pumpkin carving....Brett had a carving party with buddies so it was just Blake and I, which really means...me.  Blake did a pretty good job of picking out the pattern and digging out the guts but the carving part is my job.  In the end he thought it was pretty cool. 
 Brett had a Pumpkin Disguise project at school.  They had to disguise a pumpkin and write a story that would keep the pumpkin from getting carved.  The 5th graders did a great job and had lots of creative pumpkins in disguise.

 Even Miss Sass got into the spirit.  (Not really as you can see she hates being dressed up and having her picture taken.)
 We started the day off with Blake's school party.  They first grades got to parade through the school.  Blake, the Gangster and his best buddy Quincy, the Navy Seal Commander.
 Parading through the library.
 Blake during his class party playing candy corn bingo.
 Brett's class party snack spread...
 Brett and one of his best buds...Max.  I convinced Brett that maybe he was getting old enough that maybe we don't need a costume so he came up with a pretty simple one...his shirt says Error 404: No Costume Found.  He thought it was great and my cricut had it done in 5 min.
Since Halloween was on Thursday and that's my day to work in the front office I was part of the theme this year...Wizard of Oz and I dressed up as Glinda the Good Witch.  We changed the front office into Emerald City and even had a yellow brick road.
I was lucky to find my dress at Goodwill for $5, wore the jacket since the dress was strapless and the crown and wand were made by myself with the help of my trusty cricket.  I also made the signs that are in the background with quotes from the movie.  It was a fun day but I was exhausted when I got home...it's hard being a Good Witch. 
Blake hitting the streets of Andover...Gangsta Style.  Brett went out with his buddies so it was just Blake and I trick or treating.  Blake didn't seem to mind going by himself.  However if anyone's house had spider decorations or anything that looks suspicious he wouldn't go up to the door.
Halloween was a success...so glad it's over now onto the end of Brett's football season and the boys birthdays this month.

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Simply awesome Halloween day photos. Thanks a ton for the details. All of the kids are looking so happy and those activities also look interesting. Now the Halloween season is having a comeback and we have already started planning for the family party. Just made the reservation for one of the rental venues in Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete