Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Catching Up

Last week the boys didn't have school on Friday or Monday so we headed to Manhattan with Marty as he was scholarship interviewing on campus.  When we got to the hotel they were setting up for KSU's 150th birthday bash and they brought in 5 of 30 wildcat sculptures that were to be auctioned off.  (Starting bid I was told was $7500 and you only display it for 9 months and then they get auctioned off again!!!)  The other 25 are on display at the Alumni center which I didn't make it over to to look at them.
The Ag Cat.
Formal Cat
Bling Bling Cat (this is the one I want)
We Salute our Military Cat
Really cool....Flame Cat
We attended the KSU basketball game Saturday and two more Wildcats were on display.  This one has football images on it.
This was a collage of KSU sports pics on it.
Friday night, I along with my parents, hosted a Post Wedding Wine Shower for my brother and sister in law for some friends and family that couldn't make the wedding.  We sampled lots of different wines, had some snacks and played "The Newlywed Game".  It was a fun evening and good to catch up with friends and family.

Instead of wine charms for the glasses I decided to decor them in KSU and MU theme since Scott is a KSU grad and Jenn is a MU grad.

Since moving to the country, the scenery is quite different than in town.  The other day I looked out the window and saw this woodpecker right outside our bedroom.  My husband makes fun of me and thinks all I do all day is bird watch (not the case), but I do enjoy seeing the different birds that like to come and eat out of the feeders.  
Over the weekend I looked out the window and found Blake...being a boy.  I think he was looking for bugs as he has his bug box next to him.  Not sure if he found any in February but something had his attention.  (Notice I said it was February and he's in a sweatshirt only, such warm weather for this time of year.)
On Sunday all 3 boys were enjoying the outside.  Brett had an ax and was working on stumps.  Blake is sawing a limb.  Marty too had a hatchet and was whacking stumps.  (Again it's February and Brett is in shorts and tshirt...crazy weather.)
So the above pics were taken on Sunday....this is what Wednesday looks like.  It started snowing at 8 a.m. and finally quit about mid-afternoon.  I'm sure the kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow...we shall see what tonight brings.


Well I guess I'm off to shovel the drive.  Finally get to break out my purple carhartt bibs.


No comments:

Post a Comment