Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Snow....Again!

We are finally digging ourselves out of what they are calling the "100 year snow storm" for our area.  I will admit because it has been so long since we've had an actual snow it's kind of been nice to see it fall, to have 4 consecutive snow days and to actually go out and play/take pictures of our winter wonderland.  However we've seen it, played in it and enjoyed it so now it can go.

I took this picture just down the road from us after the first snowfall.  Things had just started to melt and we were starting to see the ground again.
Then it snowed again and we were all covered in white.  Marty was itching to go to work so I drove down our driveway and down the roads to see if the motor grader had been down our road or if he could get thru.  The second snow fall wasn't quite as much as the first but it was a wetter/heavier snow and had a little wind with it which resulted in some drifting.  The road had not been cleared so Marty ended up hanging at home till early afternoon.  On my drive to check the roads included some really cool pics.
With the snow being heavier/wetter it stuck to the trees making for some pretty scenery and me to play with the settings on my camera.
This is one of my favorites and will probably have to be made into a print.  I'm looking for the perfect quote, verse, or saying to go with.  All suggestions welcomed!!
This picture doesn't do this justice...it was so pretty to see all the white and just a little bit the trees showing.
So after my drive I went back home and fed the boys so we could dress and go outside.  I learned that my boys have really never seen this much snow and had never built a snowman!!  So we had a building of snowmen lesson.    Here are some of our snowmen roasting "snow-mallows".
This little snowman was making a polar plunge into the pool!
After building snowmen it was time to go sledding behind the mower again.  The boys found that playing "king of the sled" was a pretty fun game. They continued knocking each other off their sleds time and time again.  


They boys enjoyed their snow days.  I enjoyed it when we all got back on our schedules and the snow has slowly but surely started to melt.  I'm ready for spring.  

Stephanie



No comments:

Post a Comment