Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow...We have Snow.

Wichita along with most of Kansas has snow....real actual hang around for several days snow.  Not like previous seasons where it snows and is usually all melted away by the next day.  This is real snow.....came with school closing and everything.  Anyone that knows me, knows I do not enjoy the snow....yes it's pretty and I like to look at it but that's about it.  However we need the moisture so bad I'm willing to put up with it.  The boys and I ventured out Thursday mid morning to see how much snow we actually had and to see if we could even get out of the driveway if need be.
I even got to sport my purple carhartt bibs that I've had for a year and never have gotten to wear.

As soon as we got outside, it was decided we had A LOT of snow.  I'm guessing somewhere between 12-15 inches.  Some areas we walked it was above my knee, it was a pretty good workout tromping around.
Sassy the snow dog loved following us too.  She too got a work out but she was smart and stayed right behind me so she could walk in my tracks.
And of course I have to include this cardinal picture.  His bright red against the white snow was so pretty.  Plus he reminds me of my Grandma Saathoff as she loved cardinals and all the other pretty colored birds.
Brett and I started to dig us out on the driveway and I soon discovered that it was not a task we were going to conquer.  The snow was heavy and deep in some areas.  I told Marty he just may have to take another snow day.  Luckily a co-worker of his who lives east of us has a little John Deere tractor that he loves to play on in his spare time and he graciously came over and cleaned off our driveway.  Thank you Thank you John!!
If you look closely the mound in the center of pic has KSU on it.  My snow art.  It's much easier to see from the road.
Our white trash sledding with the lawn mower.  It was good enough for the boys as they had a good time and some pretty good wipe outs.
Blake "snow discing" instead of snow boarding.
At the end of the day I made one more venture down the drive to get the mail and watched the sun set.  Very pretty sunset, hopefully the sun will be out again tomorrow and the next day and the next.
So far the weather is reporting more snow over the weekend.  Again I know we need the moisture and if it needs to snow...let it be....however I do need to get my car tag renewed before the end of February so I need to be able to get to the tag office.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the snow and staying safe and warm.  Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment